Competencies of the President of the Kosovo Chamber of Advocates
3) The President of the Chamber
1. The competencies of the President of the Chamber are:
1.1 directs and leads the Chamber;
1.2 represents the Chamber;
1.3 conducts the solemn oath procedure;
1.4 allows payments from the box office of the Chamber up to the limit set by the Steering Council and decides on their spending;
1.5 supervises the work of the Executive Director of the Chamber;
1.6 performs other tasks in accordance with the Law on Advocacy, this Statute and other normative acts, relating to the daily activities of the Chamber as defined by law.
The President is accountable for his work to the Assembly of the Chamber.
1.1 The President, who for objective reasons can not exercise the duty for a certain time, is replaced by the Vice President, while in the absence of the President and the Vice President of the Chamber, is replaced by the member of the Steering Council appointed by the Steering Council.
1.2 The Vice President may not exercise the duty of the President for a period longer than 6 months.
2. The Vice President of the Chamber, in addition to the work from paragraph 1 of this article, assists the President of the Chamber and performs other tasks that the President and the Steering Council entrust to him.
3. All the affairs of the Chamber which, according to the Statute or other general acts, are not in the competence of the Assembly or other body of the Chamber, are performed by the Steering Council.
4. The acts of the Steering Council of the Chamber are final. An administrative dispute may take place against the final acts of the Steering Council of the Chamber, as defined by law.
5. All acts of the Chamber are signed by the President of the Chamber. In case of obstruction of the President, the acts on behalf of the Chamber are signed by the Vice President of the Chamber, while when the President and the Vice President of the Chamber are obstructed, the acts on behalf of the Chamber are signed by the member of the Steering Council authorized by the Steering Council.
6. The provision of paragraph 5 of this article also applies to the signing of acts of the Steering Council of the Chamber.
1. The Chairman and the Vice-Chairman, in cases when he replaces him, are entitled to remuneration for their work.
2. The amount of remuneration from par.1 of this article is determined by the Steering Council of the Chamber.
1. The mandate of the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman terminates;
1.1 with resignation;
1.2 with discharge;
1.3 when for more than 6 uninterrupted months he is not able to exercise his duty.
2. The provisions of this Statute regarding the convening and decision-making in the meetings of the Assembly shall apply mutatis mutandis to the dismissal procedure.
Blaza Stankovic – lawyer in Pristina (1974-197)
Hasan Kryeziu – lawyer in Pristina (1977 -1978)
Mikel Marku – lawyer in Peja (1978-1979)
Miroslav Gapic – lawyer in Prizren (1980–1981)
Mustafa Radoniqi – lawyer Peja (1981-1982)
Svetislav Jovic – lawyer in Pristina (1983-1984)
Latif Krasniqi – lawyer in Pristina (1984-1985)
Mikel Marku – lawyer in Peja and Milorad Filipovic – lawyer in Pristina (1986–1989)
Vukosav Stankovic – lawyer in Pristina (1986-1989)
Teki Bokshi – lawyer in Gjakova (1989-1992)
Xhafer Maliqi – lawyer in Vushtrri (1992-1999)
Lirie Osmani – lawyer in Pristina (2001-2004)
Adem Vokshi – lawyer in Mitrovica (2004-2006)
Rame Gashi – lawyer in Pristina (2006-2008)
Musa Dragusha – lawyer in Pristina (2008-2011)
Ibrahim Dobruna – lawyer in Pristina (2011)